Withdrawal from Deputy President contest
Nov 8, 2010
Category: Press Release
Powered by Translate
I wish to announce my withdrawal as a candidate from the contest of Deputy President of Parti Keadilan Rakyat and my resignation from all posts held in the party.
I was offered to join this party under the belief that I could promote enlightened and progressive politics; nurture and develop principled political values and culture that I consider indispensable to the development of democracy and good governance in this country. I was mistaken.
Over the course of the party elections, events have shown that the leadership actively condones malpractices and electoral fraud to achieve its designed objectives. I am certain that any political party with such hypocritical and false values will not be able to offer meaningful reforms to the people of this country.
I have made this decision because there is no attempt on the part of the party leadership to address the various issues of manipulation and unfair electoral practices, although these issues were raised repeatedly.
I wish to thank all the members who have supported me and placed their faith in the cause of reform. It is of utmost disappointment that I am unable to continue in this flawed election process. I remain committed to the Opposition’s cause and will continue to speak about the issues of the common people. Together, we will continue our unabated struggle towards a better government for the people.
Finally, I hope those adoring fans of Anwar Ibrahim will no longer regard me as a “spoiler” standing in the way of their march to Putrajaya. I wish them well.
MONDAY, 8 NOVEMBER 2010
Popular Posts 30
- OSTAT SUBRA TEGUR MAT NUAR
- PILIHAN 8%
- KIT TERUS MAINKAN KENYATAAN ZAHID
- DAP -MAN TIPU SIJIL UTK PEROLEH TANAH SABAH?
- PENDATANG DI NEGARA SENDIRI
- PENANG KOTOR
- Karpal warned Pakatan about anwar
- CINA DAPAT TANAH
- BERANGAN NAK HADIAH NOBEL
- 13 MEI DAN MEMALI
- FATWA HARAM JUAL TANAH MELAYU APA KATA PAS
- THE ARSENIC
- Dr Zambry diseru bertaubat depan Kaabah
- KOK MARGINALIZED THE INDIANS?
- PEMAJU TAJA GUAN ENG KE AUSTRALIA?
- PAS TAKUT DAP, PENGAKUAN AHLI PAS
- EHEM-EHEM Calon Baru Dan Muda Untuk PRU-13: Anwar
- BUKAN TAK PATRIOTIK TIDAK MAHU SUBAHAT KATA NIZAR ...
- ADAKAH ZAID DILIWAT?
- ZAID IBRAHIM QUIT KECEWA DGN 'KEADILAN'?
- DEEPAVALI MESSAGE BY LGE
- CHONG ENG TUNTUT NOH OMAR DIPECAT
- Alhamdulillah; Kemenangan Hebat DAP!!! Takbir!
- DEEPAVALI: KG BUAH PALA REVISITED
- BILA ANWAR MASUK KG CINA
- BILA BOHSIA DAP KATA ORANG PELACUR
- ▼ November (26)